Skip to main content

Happy New Year ‘Dinner For One” (Der 90. Geburtstag)

Video of the short film Dinner For One that is popular in several European countries on New Year’s Eve. I believe the tradition of viewing this on television is strongest in Germany.

Comments

Leah said…
Hi

This is a really interesting blog and I'd be honoured if you'd check out this new cartoonists forum
http://cartoonist-forum.heavenforum.com/index.htm

and contribute some of your unique thoughts and work!

It's completely free.

Thanks in advance

Leah

Popular posts from this blog

Illustration Friday "Fat"

I did this one with colored pencil but wasn't real happy with it. I put a Photoshop filter on to liven it up some. I'll probably do it again so I can get it right.

Broken Heart—An Image For Gaza

From Illustrations

Soviet political cartoonist Yefimov dies at 108

REUTERS Yefimov 'survived not because of Stalin's generosity of soul, but because his talents as a cartoonist' Wed Oct 1, 4:38 PM ET MOSCOW - Celebrated political cartoonist Boris Yefimov, who drew brutally satirical images of the Soviet Union's foes in the service of Josef Stalin, died Wednesday. He was 108. Yefimov's death was given wide coverage on Russian state television. No cause was given. His cartoons spanned virtually the entire history of the communist state, from shortly after the 1917 revolution to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Among his most memorable drawings was one showing a wretched-looking Hitler, who is said to have ordered Yefimov shot if the Nazis captured Moscow in World War II. Instead, Yefimov was sent after the war to the Nuremburg trials to draw the Nazis as they faced justice. Yefimov also turned his pen against the United States. His Cold War drawings po...