REUTERS Yefimov 'survived not because of Stalin's generosity of soul, but because his talents as a cartoonist' Wed Oct 1, 4:38 PM ET MOSCOW - Celebrated political cartoonist Boris Yefimov, who drew brutally satirical images of the Soviet Union's foes in the service of Josef Stalin, died Wednesday. He was 108. Yefimov's death was given wide coverage on Russian state television. No cause was given. His cartoons spanned virtually the entire history of the communist state, from shortly after the 1917 revolution to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Among his most memorable drawings was one showing a wretched-looking Hitler, who is said to have ordered Yefimov shot if the Nazis captured Moscow in World War II. Instead, Yefimov was sent after the war to the Nuremburg trials to draw the Nazis as they faced justice. Yefimov also turned his pen against the United States. His Cold War drawings po...
Comments
My name is Abdoul and I am working at Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders in London. I would like to get in touch as we are providing aid to the people of Gaza
I was basically wondering if you would like to cover our involvement in Gaza on your blog.You can get more information at http://www.msf.org.uk/articledetail.aspx?fId=a_paltry_response_20090108
I apologise for contacting you out of the blue - I found you through various online networks and through your blog itself and I have only contacted you because I thought you might be genuinely interested
Thanks for taking the time to read this far
Abdoul,
How are you ? hope u still remember me !
i'm Ashraf Hamdi, Egyptian cartoonist
happy for sending me your blog adress.
your cartoons are amazing
keep in touch
and have a nice day.
How have you been? Thanks for your kind comments.
Es muy cruda la realidad.
Saludos
May peace be with the people of Gaza!