Skip to main content

Disgusted Beyond Belief

Some thoughts on the acts of major stupidity occurring in the USA this week.

1) Democratic Congressman Charles Rangel has called for reinstating a military draft. Forget it Rangel. No one is interested in your call for more war fodder. You should be finding ways to keep the US out of misadventures like Iraq instead of making it easier to throw troops at every international problem. After the results of the November elections, I have to wonder how you can be so disconnected to the public’s dissatisfaction with King George the Dunderhead’s Middle Eastern fiasco.

2) Demand for help from food banks has dramatically increased but donations and resources have fallen according to USA Today.

They claim that actual numbers requiring assistance has fallen. That is sure not the case in my area.

And then I find this:

3) The Pentagon wants 127 billion dollars more for the Iraq/Afghanistan fiascoes. Apparently this is on top of the 70 billion already in the budget.

This article states that the US has sunk over $500 billion on its “war on terror” since the 2001 World Trade Center attacks. All I can say is, “Jesus fucking Christ!” There’s plenty of money to feed the appetite of the military Industrial Complex but the citizens can just go starve. Hey! That will probably lure more of the working class poor into the military. Overpriced Halliburton subsidiary Kellog, Brown & Root provided meals sure beat hand- me-down cans of lima beans and generic boxed macaroni and cheese. (This I know from experience.)

My disgust balloon is about to pop!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illustration Friday "Fat"

I did this one with colored pencil but wasn't real happy with it. I put a Photoshop filter on to liven it up some. I'll probably do it again so I can get it right.

Broken Heart—An Image For Gaza

From Illustrations

Soviet political cartoonist Yefimov dies at 108

REUTERS Yefimov 'survived not because of Stalin's generosity of soul, but because his talents as a cartoonist' Wed Oct 1, 4:38 PM ET MOSCOW - Celebrated political cartoonist Boris Yefimov, who drew brutally satirical images of the Soviet Union's foes in the service of Josef Stalin, died Wednesday. He was 108. Yefimov's death was given wide coverage on Russian state television. No cause was given. His cartoons spanned virtually the entire history of the communist state, from shortly after the 1917 revolution to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Among his most memorable drawings was one showing a wretched-looking Hitler, who is said to have ordered Yefimov shot if the Nazis captured Moscow in World War II. Instead, Yefimov was sent after the war to the Nuremburg trials to draw the Nazis as they faced justice. Yefimov also turned his pen against the United States. His Cold War drawings po...