Skip to main content

Some Of My Different Drawings

I spent the evening scanning some of my larger drawings. I haven't got them up on my web site yet but they are available on my DeviantArt site.

Comments

Ben Heine said…
Dear David, your 2 works on this page and the ones on your DeviantArt site are simply striking me. I like them even more than the rest of your drawings. They are agressive and we find several meanings. I especially appreciated "Green Man", "A thorny Issue" and "Big uncle Crazy". It's quite different from your usual works. Have you done that in a few nights or is it the result of a long research? Did you get inspired from pictures? And what message did you want to convey exactly? Anyway, I hope you'll go on creating such "erotico-fantastico-burlesque" artworks. Have a great day. Ben

Popular posts from this blog

Illustration Friday "Fat"

I did this one with colored pencil but wasn't real happy with it. I put a Photoshop filter on to liven it up some. I'll probably do it again so I can get it right.

Broken Heart—An Image For Gaza

From Illustrations

Soviet political cartoonist Yefimov dies at 108

REUTERS Yefimov 'survived not because of Stalin's generosity of soul, but because his talents as a cartoonist' Wed Oct 1, 4:38 PM ET MOSCOW - Celebrated political cartoonist Boris Yefimov, who drew brutally satirical images of the Soviet Union's foes in the service of Josef Stalin, died Wednesday. He was 108. Yefimov's death was given wide coverage on Russian state television. No cause was given. His cartoons spanned virtually the entire history of the communist state, from shortly after the 1917 revolution to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Among his most memorable drawings was one showing a wretched-looking Hitler, who is said to have ordered Yefimov shot if the Nazis captured Moscow in World War II. Instead, Yefimov was sent after the war to the Nuremburg trials to draw the Nazis as they faced justice. Yefimov also turned his pen against the United States. His Cold War drawings po...