Skip to main content

Military Occupation


This is my most recent cartoon done as an entry in the Irancartoon "Military Occupation" exhibition. Some clued me into the following poem. It seems so appropriate.

Ozymandias

I met a traveler from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read,
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed,
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

-Percy Bysshe Shelley
1792-1822

Comments

Ben Heine said…
beautiful, I love the "graphic" sun...

Popular posts from this blog

Illustration Friday "Fat"

I did this one with colored pencil but wasn't real happy with it. I put a Photoshop filter on to liven it up some. I'll probably do it again so I can get it right.

Soviet political cartoonist Yefimov dies at 108

REUTERS Yefimov 'survived not because of Stalin's generosity of soul, but because his talents as a cartoonist' Wed Oct 1, 4:38 PM ET MOSCOW - Celebrated political cartoonist Boris Yefimov, who drew brutally satirical images of the Soviet Union's foes in the service of Josef Stalin, died Wednesday. He was 108. Yefimov's death was given wide coverage on Russian state television. No cause was given. His cartoons spanned virtually the entire history of the communist state, from shortly after the 1917 revolution to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Among his most memorable drawings was one showing a wretched-looking Hitler, who is said to have ordered Yefimov shot if the Nazis captured Moscow in World War II. Instead, Yefimov was sent after the war to the Nuremburg trials to draw the Nazis as they faced justice. Yefimov also turned his pen against the United States. His Cold War drawings po...

Broken Heart—An Image For Gaza

From Illustrations