Skip to main content

Today

I had to rebuild my blog tonight. For some reason half of the page wasn't appearing. When I looked at the template, half was missing. This time I made sure I backed up the template so all I need to do next time is paste it in again.

Some of the alterations I've been making probably aren't correct CSS. Everything seems to work OK though.

It was miserably hot today and the humidity was nuts! So much for keeping the electric bill down. The air conditioning runs constantly just so we are able to breathe. Asthma is not fun.

I finally got the front brakes on my car replaced. They were nearing non-existence. At least everything is all done. It is inspected ($83), the oil is changed ($25.00) and finally, the brakes ($205.00). I'm sure this all would have cost me much more had I not gone to High School with the garage owner and he is a reputable and fair mechanic. It's so hard to find a garage that won't rip you off. I'm mechanically brain dead so I never know if I'm being lied to. The state inspection is done by private garages and they operate like thieves.

The wife and kid are fighting once again. I can't even remember what started it all. The wife needs to learn how to be angry. With her, everything escalates into an all or nothing battle with threats of moving out or tossing the kid out. Her responses are always way over the top. I know this has a lot to do with her being horribly abused as a child by her Father but it is still a stressful thing to put up with.

Comments

Kitten wtw said…
I like the look of the new blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Illustration Friday "Fat"

I did this one with colored pencil but wasn't real happy with it. I put a Photoshop filter on to liven it up some. I'll probably do it again so I can get it right.

Soviet political cartoonist Yefimov dies at 108

REUTERS Yefimov 'survived not because of Stalin's generosity of soul, but because his talents as a cartoonist' Wed Oct 1, 4:38 PM ET MOSCOW - Celebrated political cartoonist Boris Yefimov, who drew brutally satirical images of the Soviet Union's foes in the service of Josef Stalin, died Wednesday. He was 108. Yefimov's death was given wide coverage on Russian state television. No cause was given. His cartoons spanned virtually the entire history of the communist state, from shortly after the 1917 revolution to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Among his most memorable drawings was one showing a wretched-looking Hitler, who is said to have ordered Yefimov shot if the Nazis captured Moscow in World War II. Instead, Yefimov was sent after the war to the Nuremburg trials to draw the Nazis as they faced justice. Yefimov also turned his pen against the United States. His Cold War drawings po...

Broken Heart—An Image For Gaza

From Illustrations