I Just Keep Getting Older!

Today's news is that Jack Wild, the child actor who played Billy on H.R. Pufnstuf has died of cancer. He was only 53 years old. How can that be? Was it really that long ago that I hid from the world on Saturday mornings while losing myself into the colorful Pufnstuf world? Witchiepoo and Orson were my favorite characters. I must admit that I detested Freddy the magic flute and hoped it would be beaten to death on a rock. I can only be thankful for the influence of shows like Pufnstuf. I know the characters, the sets and the colors became part of my cartoonist's mind. So long Jack. Say hello to Witchiepoo for me. I'm sticking with Peter Pan and refusing to grow up. Nothing good ever comes from it.

Jack Wild 1952-2006


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garrincha Cartoon Website

The Golden Compass And The Religious Right