Skip to main content

A New Position?

Apparently, there was a new position created in the executive branch of the US government. According to Hillary Clinton during Tuesday night's televised presidential debate:

"You know, I have been a critic of NAFTA from the very beginning. I didn't have a public position on it because I was part of the administration. But when I started running for the Senate, I have been a critic," Clinton said.

Huh? Since when did the "First Lady" become part of her husband's administration. She wasn't elected to any position. I don't recall Hillary being appointed to any position.  I could be wrong though. Bill did set her off on the health care cause but I do recall complaining about the fact she wasn't part of the administration. Maybe she ran the country while Bill's pants were done around his ankles...

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080227/pl_nm/usa_politics_dc_74

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illustration Friday "Fat"

I did this one with colored pencil but wasn't real happy with it. I put a Photoshop filter on to liven it up some. I'll probably do it again so I can get it right.

Soviet political cartoonist Yefimov dies at 108

REUTERS Yefimov 'survived not because of Stalin's generosity of soul, but because his talents as a cartoonist' Wed Oct 1, 4:38 PM ET MOSCOW - Celebrated political cartoonist Boris Yefimov, who drew brutally satirical images of the Soviet Union's foes in the service of Josef Stalin, died Wednesday. He was 108. Yefimov's death was given wide coverage on Russian state television. No cause was given. His cartoons spanned virtually the entire history of the communist state, from shortly after the 1917 revolution to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Among his most memorable drawings was one showing a wretched-looking Hitler, who is said to have ordered Yefimov shot if the Nazis captured Moscow in World War II. Instead, Yefimov was sent after the war to the Nuremburg trials to draw the Nazis as they faced justice. Yefimov also turned his pen against the United States. His Cold War drawings po...

Garrincha Cartoon Website

  The fantastic cartoonist “Garrincha” (Gustavo Rodriguez) has opened a personal website to post his great cartoons. Gustavo is formerly from the country of Cuba and now, luckily for us United Statesers, resides in Miami Florida! He contributes cartoons to many websites and publications and is a featured cartoonist for the Miami El Nuevo Herald . Gustavo also has a blog that is updated frequently with new works. His cartoons span the subjects of erotic humor, politics and comic strips. He is immensely talented and, more importantly, a great guy. Cartoonist Martha Barragan did a wonderful interview with Gus   Technorati Tags: cartoonists , Garrincha , Miami , Spanish language , sex cartoons , erotic humor , Gustavo Rodriguez