BBC Interviews Went Well

I just completed one live interview and one recorded for the BBC World Service "World Today" radio program. They were interested in my involvement with the Iranian Holocaust Cartoon exhibition. I was initially a bit nervous about being interviewed since a reporter for the Murdoch rag, The NY Post tried to ambush me with accusations of being an anti-Semite and nearly a traitor to America for associating with Iranians.

Luckily, I was given an opportunity to answer the anti-Semitic accusations without being attacked. I have tremendous respect for the BBC. The US news media is a laughable travesty compared to their professionalism. I really appreciate the interest given my participation in the contest.

Personally, I don't find the Holocaust a subject for humor or satire. I do, however, take exception to those who equate criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism. I was more interested in the free speech issue the Iranians were raising. If cartoons of Mohammad are just considered examples of cartoonists practicing free speech in the West, what subject is not? That was the implication of the contest. Obviously, they knew that the Holocaust would be controversial. I do hope that we can now get on with moving civilization forward and stop all the childish regression that has become the norm with the advent of the Bush administration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garrincha Cartoon Website

The Golden Compass And The Religious Right