Big F'n Deal!

BREAKING: Roethlisberger Has Knee Surgery

Just to show what is considered important, local TV here in Pittsburgh found it necessary to interrupt regular programming to broadcast a press conference with Steeler's coach Cowher. I just don't know if I can wait until the regular evening news to find out about this earth shaking news! Oh boy, they've just announced that we will be getting Fans' reaction tonight. That should be as interesting as the interludes in those old Elvis concert movies where they interviewed some embarrassing fans. Poor Elvis reduced to performing for the socially challenged. I am expecting terrible towels to be flown at half-mast for Roethlisberger's frickin' knee.

When I worked at a local newspaper as the photographer, I was subjected to covering Steeler's training camp. This was in Latrobe PA at St. Vincent's College. It was my observation that pro football players are just over grown, over paid High School kids. I'm not sure why but I've never subscribed to jock hero worship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garrincha Cartoon Website

The Golden Compass And The Religious Right