Skip to main content

A Message From Carlos Latuff Against Israeli Aggression

Mensagem do cartunista brasileiro Latuff, em português e árabe, ao povo palestino, por conta da agressão israelense contra Gaza/Message from Brazilian cartoonist Latuff, in Portuguese and Arabic, to the Palestinian people, regarding the Israeli aggression against Gaza. 

A Rough English Translation, thanks to Tony (Palestinian Pundit), of what Carlos said…

This message is to the Palestinian people in Gaza and the Palestinians everywhere. As you know, since 1999 I have been supporting the Palestinian struggle with my art, political cartoons and words. I constantly follow the news of your suffering and the slaughter inflicted on you by the Israelis. In spite of the distance between us I am always with you. I am sorry that the cartoons cannot stop the missiles. I do everything to raise my voice in your support. The Zionists have tried to silence this voice. I am with you completely. I am united with you and I suffer with you. The Palestinians are different from other people. You can kill a Palestinian but you cannot make him kneel down. The Palestinian people are strong and will continue resisting. In the face of the total world silence about this latest ZioNAZI holocaust, the Palestinians keep on resisting. Victory will be with you, and you can always count on me for support in words and art. Thank you.

As posted on DesertPeace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illustration Friday "Fat"

I did this one with colored pencil but wasn't real happy with it. I put a Photoshop filter on to liven it up some. I'll probably do it again so I can get it right.

Garrincha Cartoon Website

  The fantastic cartoonist “Garrincha” (Gustavo Rodriguez) has opened a personal website to post his great cartoons. Gustavo is formerly from the country of Cuba and now, luckily for us United Statesers, resides in Miami Florida! He contributes cartoons to many websites and publications and is a featured cartoonist for the Miami El Nuevo Herald . Gustavo also has a blog that is updated frequently with new works. His cartoons span the subjects of erotic humor, politics and comic strips. He is immensely talented and, more importantly, a great guy. Cartoonist Martha Barragan did a wonderful interview with Gus   Technorati Tags: cartoonists , Garrincha , Miami , Spanish language , sex cartoons , erotic humor , Gustavo Rodriguez

Soviet political cartoonist Yefimov dies at 108

REUTERS Yefimov 'survived not because of Stalin's generosity of soul, but because his talents as a cartoonist' Wed Oct 1, 4:38 PM ET MOSCOW - Celebrated political cartoonist Boris Yefimov, who drew brutally satirical images of the Soviet Union's foes in the service of Josef Stalin, died Wednesday. He was 108. Yefimov's death was given wide coverage on Russian state television. No cause was given. His cartoons spanned virtually the entire history of the communist state, from shortly after the 1917 revolution to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Among his most memorable drawings was one showing a wretched-looking Hitler, who is said to have ordered Yefimov shot if the Nazis captured Moscow in World War II. Instead, Yefimov was sent after the war to the Nuremburg trials to draw the Nazis as they faced justice. Yefimov also turned his pen against the United States. His Cold War drawings po...