The United Nations World Food Programme (www.wfp.org) is asking videomakers to unleash their creativity and produce the funniest, strangest or edgiest 30 or 60 second video about hunger.
This is your chance to be controversial, provocative and shocking - whatever it takes - to make a video that will grab the attention of the on-line community and get them thinking about world hunger.
The goal is to make a top rated viral video that creates a real buzz and gets people thinking about hunger.
DON'T BE A PIG! 850 million people go to sleep hungry every night, somehow it doesn't seem fair that a privileged few have made a sport from biting off more than they can chew.
WIN A TRIP FOR TWO:
The winning video will be chosen by YOU. We will choose the 5 most compelling videos and let them loose on the web. You can increase your chances of winning by sharing the link with friends, websites, blogs, etc..The video that gets the most views by World Hunger Day - October 16, 2008 - will win a trip for two to visit the frontline in the war against hunger. We will send you to a WFP hunger relief project so you can see for yourself that Hunger Bytes!
SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO NOW!!!
Send a link or a compressed .wmv or quicktime file less than 4MB as an attachment to: email@example.com
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
*Every 5 seconds a child dies from hunger.
*25,000 people die a day from hunger
*850 million people regularly go to sleep hungry.
*Nearly half of America's food never gets eaten.
*US households throw out 50 billion dollars worth of food/year
More about hunger: http://www.wfp.org/aboutwfp/facts/hunger_facts.asp
NEED VIDEO? go to http://www.wfp.org/video
1. You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
2. Prize will be a guided visit to WFP project ..trust us-it will be someplace interesting!
3. All entries must be received by midnight August 1, 2008 (GMT).
4. Video(s) should be 30 or 60 seconds long..but who's counting?
5. You can submit your video by sending a link, compressed .wmv or quicktime file less than 4MB to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. You can submit more than one video.
7. We get to decide which videos we will show and the top five finalists.
For more info visit: http://www.wfp.org/hungerbytes
Questions? Send an email: email@example.com
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/hungerbytes