When Will The Fun Ever End?

Locutus of Borg (copyright unknown)

Yesterday, I had surgery to replace the battery to my spinal cord stimulator. Today, I'm sore as hell and can't bend at all. At least the bandages aren't as miserable as last year.

I just had the thing put in exactly a year ago today. The original battery was expected to last a couple of years but it didn't. So now I have an externally rechargeable system. It's a strange concept to me. I charge a charger belt by plugging it in. After it is charged, I unplug it and then wear it around my waist making contact over the site of the implanted battery. Somehow, the thing recharges the battery through the flesh without any physical contact.

It seems every year I become more and more a Borg! I'm not supposed to be sitting in front of a computer today but I can stand so much boredom.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hang on in there you borg!
Come on, I hope you recover quickly dear David. Wishes
PS: I'll answer to your kind mail pretty soon. Sorry for the delay, I had a lot of work...
B.
Servant said…
I see your heart is plugged in too. That's the most important thing.

Thanks for recharging my heart with your cartoon, David.

Popular posts from this blog

Garrincha Cartoon Website

The Golden Compass And The Religious Right