Skip to main content

Happy Father's Day To Me

So today is Father’s day. I have never paid much attention to these greeting card holidays. They’ve always seemed to me just excuses to drive the Capitalist—Consumerist need to move product.  Mother’s Day and the assault by the diamond industry makes me want to vomit. Christmas is a total mess.
When I was little, my Dad was mostly un-attending—even though he was present. That didn’t help my opinion and complete lack of care about the damned day. Believe me, there was no “World’s Greatest Dad” mug or t-shirt in his personal items.
I didn’t even realize that today was Father’s Day last night when I threw together my little video “Don’t Ever Have Kids” that can be seen below. I was joking, of course. My son can be a smart mouthed son-of-a-bitch and a real pig but I guess, I wouldn’t want it any other way. I know he won’t remember the label applied to today’s Hallmark bonanza without prompting so, “Happy Father’s Day to me.”

Good Lord, he turned 19 yesterday!  Now I’m really starting to feel old!

Comments

Kitten wtw said…
I have 20 minutes left to wish you a happy fathers day!

xoxoxoxo
Kitten

Popular posts from this blog

Illustration Friday "Fat"

I did this one with colored pencil but wasn't real happy with it. I put a Photoshop filter on to liven it up some. I'll probably do it again so I can get it right.

Soviet political cartoonist Yefimov dies at 108

REUTERS Yefimov 'survived not because of Stalin's generosity of soul, but because his talents as a cartoonist' Wed Oct 1, 4:38 PM ET MOSCOW - Celebrated political cartoonist Boris Yefimov, who drew brutally satirical images of the Soviet Union's foes in the service of Josef Stalin, died Wednesday. He was 108. Yefimov's death was given wide coverage on Russian state television. No cause was given. His cartoons spanned virtually the entire history of the communist state, from shortly after the 1917 revolution to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Among his most memorable drawings was one showing a wretched-looking Hitler, who is said to have ordered Yefimov shot if the Nazis captured Moscow in World War II. Instead, Yefimov was sent after the war to the Nuremburg trials to draw the Nazis as they faced justice. Yefimov also turned his pen against the United States. His Cold War drawings po...

Garrincha Cartoon Website

  The fantastic cartoonist “Garrincha” (Gustavo Rodriguez) has opened a personal website to post his great cartoons. Gustavo is formerly from the country of Cuba and now, luckily for us United Statesers, resides in Miami Florida! He contributes cartoons to many websites and publications and is a featured cartoonist for the Miami El Nuevo Herald . Gustavo also has a blog that is updated frequently with new works. His cartoons span the subjects of erotic humor, politics and comic strips. He is immensely talented and, more importantly, a great guy. Cartoonist Martha Barragan did a wonderful interview with Gus   Technorati Tags: cartoonists , Garrincha , Miami , Spanish language , sex cartoons , erotic humor , Gustavo Rodriguez