Childhood Favorites

This is my favorite toy. I bought it a couple of years ago and, for some reason, it won’t function any more. Oh well. I still like to look at it. Since I was a little kid, I have had an unnatural fixation on B9, the robot from Lost In Space. I’m speaking of the original 60’s TV show and not the travesty of a film made in the 1990’s. I know I’m not alone in my love for B9. Thankfully, it is being kept alive by many builders of reproductions. Robbie The Robot was Ok but B9 had something special. Maybe it was because, as a child, I wished I could be in Will Robinson’s position. It would have been so cool to have B9 tagging along. I always loved the shots of the Jupiter 2 in space or landing. Crash landings were the best in the early black and white episode. It was a bit of impressive special effects for the mid-60’s to realistically have the saucer appearing out of a cloud and skimming the top of some jagged mountain top. Yeah, LIS was silly but I loved it anyway especially during the weekday afternoon reruns in the early 70’s. I hated school so it was a welcome relief to lose myself in fantasy after escaping the damned yellow school bus. The same can be said for the afternoons spent watching Star Trek. Boy, do I love the design of the Enterprise. There just isn’t anything like it. God, I’m off in Nerdalot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garrincha Cartoon Website

The Golden Compass And The Religious Right