Skip to main content

Webcam Up!

After much aggravation and hair pulling I finally seem to have my webcam working.  Since I am completely broke, I couldn’t afford any commercial software to upload to my website.  I was able to use a system called “WW.Cam” that uploaded to a commercial site but many of the other cams were of freaks and pervs.  I didn’t want anyone coming to my site to click on a link and find themselves staring at some idiot “yankee his wankee.” Yuck!  Luckily, I found a rather simple freeware program called “Yawcam.”  My first attempts were failures.  For some reason Yahoo’s ftp kept stopping my uploads after a couple of minutes. I gave up on it for a couple of days and now, it seems to be working smoothly. My webcam sucks but it only cost $13.  Now it is possible to watch me accomplish absolutely nothing throughout the course of a normal day.

The new web site is slowly coming together.  I’ve been spending a lot of time re-scanning many of my larger drawings.  I had scanned them a bunch of years ago for my old web site but I made them too small for today’s standards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illustration Friday "Fat"

I did this one with colored pencil but wasn't real happy with it. I put a Photoshop filter on to liven it up some. I'll probably do it again so I can get it right.

Soviet political cartoonist Yefimov dies at 108

REUTERS Yefimov 'survived not because of Stalin's generosity of soul, but because his talents as a cartoonist' Wed Oct 1, 4:38 PM ET MOSCOW - Celebrated political cartoonist Boris Yefimov, who drew brutally satirical images of the Soviet Union's foes in the service of Josef Stalin, died Wednesday. He was 108. Yefimov's death was given wide coverage on Russian state television. No cause was given. His cartoons spanned virtually the entire history of the communist state, from shortly after the 1917 revolution to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Among his most memorable drawings was one showing a wretched-looking Hitler, who is said to have ordered Yefimov shot if the Nazis captured Moscow in World War II. Instead, Yefimov was sent after the war to the Nuremburg trials to draw the Nazis as they faced justice. Yefimov also turned his pen against the United States. His Cold War drawings po...

Broken Heart—An Image For Gaza

From Illustrations