Skip to main content

Clarification Of My Opinions On The Muhammad Issue

While I support freedom of speech and expression for cartoonists around the world, I do believe that purposely hurtful or derogatory pictures are to be avoided. Many cartoonists around the world must defend themselves from their government daily. Many are being imprisoned. I do understand, now, that the Muhammad drawings that are the root of so much turmoil were published in a climate of anti-immigration.  Right Wing Europe is as opposed to newcomers as those in the US who are terrified of every Latin American that crosses the border. I do wish that the Muslim world would moderate on this issue and bring down the hysteria. They are accomplishing nothing by feeding the opinions of the finger pointers everywhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illustration Friday "Fat"

I did this one with colored pencil but wasn't real happy with it. I put a Photoshop filter on to liven it up some. I'll probably do it again so I can get it right.

Soviet political cartoonist Yefimov dies at 108

REUTERS Yefimov 'survived not because of Stalin's generosity of soul, but because his talents as a cartoonist' Wed Oct 1, 4:38 PM ET MOSCOW - Celebrated political cartoonist Boris Yefimov, who drew brutally satirical images of the Soviet Union's foes in the service of Josef Stalin, died Wednesday. He was 108. Yefimov's death was given wide coverage on Russian state television. No cause was given. His cartoons spanned virtually the entire history of the communist state, from shortly after the 1917 revolution to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Among his most memorable drawings was one showing a wretched-looking Hitler, who is said to have ordered Yefimov shot if the Nazis captured Moscow in World War II. Instead, Yefimov was sent after the war to the Nuremburg trials to draw the Nazis as they faced justice. Yefimov also turned his pen against the United States. His Cold War drawings po...

Garrincha Cartoon Website

  The fantastic cartoonist “Garrincha” (Gustavo Rodriguez) has opened a personal website to post his great cartoons. Gustavo is formerly from the country of Cuba and now, luckily for us United Statesers, resides in Miami Florida! He contributes cartoons to many websites and publications and is a featured cartoonist for the Miami El Nuevo Herald . Gustavo also has a blog that is updated frequently with new works. His cartoons span the subjects of erotic humor, politics and comic strips. He is immensely talented and, more importantly, a great guy. Cartoonist Martha Barragan did a wonderful interview with Gus   Technorati Tags: cartoonists , Garrincha , Miami , Spanish language , sex cartoons , erotic humor , Gustavo Rodriguez